Saturday, September 1, 2012

Lemme esplain...No, there is too much.

Lemme sum up.

In light of the fact that it's been an eternity since I wrote you, I thought I'd throw you a bone and give you an update on my life . . . such as it is . . .

Cougar Once More
Considering that I rooted mostly for the Aggies all last year, I'm glad to announce that I am a true-blue cougar again! Halelujah! I have repented of my ways, and this year, I'm going to all of the sporting events here at BYU. Now that I'm a sports-aholic (thank you very much, Jordan), I can't see the colors on the mountains change and not go to a football or basketball game. This last Thursday, I saw the BYU Cougs beat the Washington State Cougs . . . although, they should probably be classified as kitty-kats after we walloped 'em like that: 30-6! But what's a good walloping if you don't have crazy fans to enjoy it with? Luckily for me, I've got some of the craziest—Joel Anderson and Trent McFadyen. And I quote, "Give 'em the big, stinky, cheeseball!"

HTML Closet-Case
Being back at BYU means that I'm also back at work in the dean's office at the College of Mathematical and Physical Sciences, or more affectionately known as CPMS. Some refer to us as the College of PMS, but we're trying to steer people away from that one . . . . I edit and write for the college, but more often, I post stories and updates on the website, which means that HTML code has come back to kick my trash. Oh dear. This is what my days are filled with: </i></span><div><br><a ref></div>. Not too pretty, right? 

Relief Society President? What the . . . ?
Well, it finally happened. Heavenly Father thought that I could handle it, but I'm not so sure! We'll see how it goes. At first things were very unorganized in my head, but they're getting better now. Plus, I've got three awesome counselors who are so kind and helpful. But it's like they always say, "The Lord calls you and then qualifies you." So bring on the insanity! I'm ready to squash these RS sistas with some serious love!

Climbing the Octaves
I've recently gone from singing the rep of a mezzo-soprano to singing that of a full on soprano. This has been an odd adjustment for me. Not musically, but mentally. I always felt like being a mezzo set me apart a bit, since the world is full of sopranos, but my voice knew otherwise. One day I'm singing the hairy-chested, Viking-crowned alto music, and the next thing I know, my voice has totally lost its beefy, lower core and I'm up in the high ranges of Madame Butterfly. Oh well, I guess the heart knows what it wants right? Or in this case, the voice? Don't ask me how it happened, all I know is that I'm thrilled to be singing some of the most beautiful music ever written.

No comments:

Post a Comment