Sunday, October 14, 2012

Keep on keepin' on


Well, once again it’s been far too long since I’ve written a post. So much has happened, I don’t even know where to start. It would be futile to try to tell you all the things I’ve done. Instead, maybe I’ll tell you all the things that I’ve learned in the past two months.

I think I bit off more than I could chew this semester. But I wouldn’t give it up for anything. I’m never satisfied with giving up on what I’ve started, but it’s true that sometimes I feel overwhelmed by the roles I’m assumed to fill this fall: writer, editor, relief society president, advisor, teacher, leader, student, listener, sister, best friend, daughter, girlfriend. Although, I feel like sometimes I don’t know which role to fill at the right time. It’s as if I get pulled in different directions at exactly the wrong time. When I want to be a good relief society president, I’m forced to be a writer. But since my mind is on my sisters, my writing is mediocre at best. And when I try to dedicate myself to my editing and my writing, I feel guilty that I can’t be more available to my girls.

This is not to say that I’m unhappy with my duties, only that sometimes I feel inadequate to the tasks. I actually feel quite blessed that I have so many opportunities to grow. It’s just exhausting trying to grow in so many directions so fast. About every day at 7:00 pm, I get really tired. And it’s not exactly a physical-sleepy tired. It’s more like a “my-mind-has-just-checked-out” tired. And I feel as if I just want to switch off the turning cogs.

But of course, I don’t. I don’t give up. I don’t quit. And I don’t think I ever will. There’s too much at stake that I care about. I care about my work and my sisters. I care about my family and my friends. And I care about my boyfriend. So just like my mission, I keep going. Because I know that Heavenly Father always knows what He’s doing in my life. Like they said in General Conference, God is in the details of our lives. And with so much going on in my life, I'm certainly grateful that He can handle the details, because sometimes it's the little things in my life that seem to slip through the cracks. I'm so glad that He will catch them in His hands. So I have confidence that no matter how many challenges come my way, I’ll just keep on  keepin’ on . . . and loving every minute of it . . . when I’m not dead on my feet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment